Sunday, April 25, 2010

WONDERLAND




















In March I wrote a post called "I've lost my muchness" where I listed 6 things I wish to accomplish that seem rather steep right now. The 6th was to make every land my Wonderland. I'd like to think I've began to see my life again through the looking glass, my front yard at least is looking more and more like Wonderland. I can't seem to make it through breakfast without taking a walk through to see the progression of each bloom, inhaling the deep fragrance of earth meets green. When my grandmother was alive I felt like I lived in the suburbia version of the secret garden but its been in the neglected stage of that story since she's passed...these stormy days recently have made me feel the magic of my backyard again.



In loving memory of Jo Roberts

3 comments:

Liz said...

Aw, this post made me happy because I feel like my backyard is a wonderland sometimes. There are times when I'm out there everyday finding something new. I"m pretty sure I'm out there at least once a day doing something. And now that spring is in full force I'm loving it even more. Even though it's my backyard it's a little bit of a get away. It looks like maybe it's been raining there? Love it :)

Liz said...

oh and ps- i can't believe you have orchids in your yard!

Anonymous said...

i love this post... and i loved the secret garden!